Certified home restorers are trained to help you mitigate water damage, and the risk of mold or disease by thoroughly drying your home as quickly as possible, removing damaged material, and reconstructing your property. Our IICRC certified professionals are known for quickly remedying water damage from:
- Sewage backups
- Mold removal
- Storm damage
- Seepage and other sources of water.
Here is a quick overview of how we dry and restore your home to its former glory.
Water Damage Restoration Process
We adopt a 5-step process that includes:
- Inspection. In this step, we assess the damage and the source of water damage. If water is still leaking, that must be remedied before moving on to the next step. Based on the water source, we may need different types of products (due to contamination).
- Water removal. We use extractors to remove the water from your house. These are high-powered pumps that pump out all the standing water and leave a surface ready for drying. If carpeting or wood floors need to be removed, it is done at this point. In many cases, if the water damage occurred less than 24 hours before our arrival, we can save and restore many types of flooring.
- Drying. After extracting the water, we bring air movers and dehumidifiers into your home. We strategically place this equipment to create airflow in order to accelerate the drying process. Your home may start to appear dry at the end of day one, but it won’t be. The average home takes 3-5 days to completely return to its normal moisture content. During this time, industry-specific meters are used to monitor the drying progress. We make adjustments in the placement of the equipment throughout the process.
- Cleaning/sanitizing. At the end of the drying process, we thoroughly clean, sanitize and deodorize all of the affected surfaces.
- Lastly, after 1 through 4 are thoroughly completed, we take care of any necessary repairs and reconstruction.
In some cases, water damage restoration may need simple repair work, while in others, you may need extensive reconstruction. We specialize in all degrees of damage and offer complete, quick solutions to all your needs.
If you’ve filed an insurance claim, we work closely with your adjuster and any other claims personnel who may be involved in the process.
If you would like to learn more, please give us a call. We’d love to get a better understanding of how we can help you!